Cosmik Debris is the second collaboration for the artist series project done for Creature Comforts Brewery. Cosmik Debris is a double IPA named after Frank Zappa's record "Cosmic Debris" hinting at the psychedelic features of this beer. The artist selected for this can was local painter Jim Barsness.
Look for this can on store shelves in march!
1. After consulting with both the artist and the brewery, the artist is provided with the template and instructions for the artwork. Then the artist provides the work.
2. After receiving the work from the artist a color palette and font decisions are made based on the style and flavors of the beer while upholding the brand image.
3. After color and font are chosen the iterations begin to find a solution. This can needed a lot of compositional changes to the original artwork. I rearranged the composition while still using most of the artists drawing to create a composition that better fit the beer can. Below are the two compositions created for the client.
4. After the composition is decided upon the bottom band color variations are made. Here are some that were scrapped.
5. After iterations are completed a final version is presented to the client that usually comes back with changes and then the file is solidified and prepared for print. This is the final design for the client.